Superbowl 2007
So yesterday was Superbowl Sunday in the USA. It's kind of the equivalent to our AFL or NRL Grand Final in Oz. So if you're a footy fan, you go to a Superbowl party, or, you have one of your own. That's what we did at Frank & Kat's house. There were about14 of us + babies & dogs. There were darts, remote control cars, lots of beer, lots of food, a footy pool, footy & even a possum that Frank had caught that morning!
The Chicago Bears played the Indiana Colts. The game took over 4 hours....(no comment, as I hate Aussie football anyway and it only goes for 2 hours). Luckily Piper kept me occupied for most of it...and the footy pool was for the score at the end of each quarter...so that was fun. Margie won 2 quarters, so she ended up with $50US! Anyway, Indiana won if any of you are interested...lol.
Grandma Joan gave Piper a beautiful wall clock to take home. It plays songs on the hour and has lots of moving parts and lights. It's very pretty. Grandma Joan & Kat both have one similar and Piper loves them. She starts flapping her arms & legs every time the clock chimes and we have to race her over to the clock so she can see all the bits that sparkle and move.
Today Margie, Shawn, Frank & Grandma Joan went to Catalina Island for the day. I really wanted to go, but I get seasick pretty bad & I didn't want to be feeling horrible and have to deal with Piper at the same time. So we stayed home with Grandma Kat, who took the day off. We visited Kat's parents Kitty & Leonard & had breakfast at Magnolia Cafe. Then we went to Stein Mart to look for a handbag, but ended up with 2 pairs of pants instead (score - 1 pair of track pants & 1 pair of work pants). We then picked Adrianna up from school and came home to put Piper down for a nap - hopefully a decent one!
Cool, Kat just bought a hummingbird feeder for the backyard. Mum & I are obsessed with seeing the little hummingbirds, hopefully this will attract them and I can get some cool photos of them. They're so tiny & very cute :o)
p.s. I think Maya is coming down from Seattle to visit on the weekend - fingers crossed!
The Chicago Bears played the Indiana Colts. The game took over 4 hours....(no comment, as I hate Aussie football anyway and it only goes for 2 hours). Luckily Piper kept me occupied for most of it...and the footy pool was for the score at the end of each quarter...so that was fun. Margie won 2 quarters, so she ended up with $50US! Anyway, Indiana won if any of you are interested...lol.
Grandma Joan gave Piper a beautiful wall clock to take home. It plays songs on the hour and has lots of moving parts and lights. It's very pretty. Grandma Joan & Kat both have one similar and Piper loves them. She starts flapping her arms & legs every time the clock chimes and we have to race her over to the clock so she can see all the bits that sparkle and move.
Today Margie, Shawn, Frank & Grandma Joan went to Catalina Island for the day. I really wanted to go, but I get seasick pretty bad & I didn't want to be feeling horrible and have to deal with Piper at the same time. So we stayed home with Grandma Kat, who took the day off. We visited Kat's parents Kitty & Leonard & had breakfast at Magnolia Cafe. Then we went to Stein Mart to look for a handbag, but ended up with 2 pairs of pants instead (score - 1 pair of track pants & 1 pair of work pants). We then picked Adrianna up from school and came home to put Piper down for a nap - hopefully a decent one!
Cool, Kat just bought a hummingbird feeder for the backyard. Mum & I are obsessed with seeing the little hummingbirds, hopefully this will attract them and I can get some cool photos of them. They're so tiny & very cute :o)
p.s. I think Maya is coming down from Seattle to visit on the weekend - fingers crossed!


1 Comments:
At 9:42 PM,
Kelly Robinson said…
Superbowl....pluh...lol. Sounds like Margy is having a good time! Hope you are enjoying yourself too love. Miss you heaps. Come home soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home