Surf City....here we go
Well we only have 1 more week left in Surf City. How time flies when you're having fun. I'm already feeling a little depressed, as I know when I get home I have to go back to work :o(
It will be so sad to leave everyone. It always is. How nice would it be to be able to visit every year. We've bought California Lottery tickets each week, but haven't had any luck so far. I think the jackpot is now $90MillionUS. Wowser!
This week; Margie, Shawn, Frank & Grandma Joan took the Catalina Express out of San Pedro to Catalina Island (where Shawn went to high school). They had perfect weather and apparently the boat ride was smooth as silk. (I didn't go because I get seasick and didn't want to have to deal with that and the baby). They hired a golf cart and showed Margie around the island a bit, had a bite & did some souvenir shopping. On Tuesday we drove up to Hollywood & wandered around Hollywood Boulevarde. We visited the Kodak Theatre, Graumans Chinese Theatre & Hooters...lol. Then we drove around Beverly Hills & looked upon all the big secluded houses with awe. Last night we caught up with Milo, Shawn's old hockey buddy. It was great to see him and we had heaps of laughs. Today we did Walmart :o) I love Walmart. I wish it would come to Australia!
Tonight is very exciting...Grandpa Frank is cooking TACOS! His tacos are famous...YUM!
It will be so sad to leave everyone. It always is. How nice would it be to be able to visit every year. We've bought California Lottery tickets each week, but haven't had any luck so far. I think the jackpot is now $90MillionUS. Wowser!
This week; Margie, Shawn, Frank & Grandma Joan took the Catalina Express out of San Pedro to Catalina Island (where Shawn went to high school). They had perfect weather and apparently the boat ride was smooth as silk. (I didn't go because I get seasick and didn't want to have to deal with that and the baby). They hired a golf cart and showed Margie around the island a bit, had a bite & did some souvenir shopping. On Tuesday we drove up to Hollywood & wandered around Hollywood Boulevarde. We visited the Kodak Theatre, Graumans Chinese Theatre & Hooters...lol. Then we drove around Beverly Hills & looked upon all the big secluded houses with awe. Last night we caught up with Milo, Shawn's old hockey buddy. It was great to see him and we had heaps of laughs. Today we did Walmart :o) I love Walmart. I wish it would come to Australia!
Tonight is very exciting...Grandpa Frank is cooking TACOS! His tacos are famous...YUM!


1 Comments:
At 1:04 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Ness,
Just got a chance to read your adventures thus far in the land of the US of A. Glad you had a good trip over. Sounds like you are going to need another couple of bags to bring home all your shopping and presents for Pip! Least you get good baggage allowance from the US (I think...)
Hope you have a good rest of the time there and an uneventful trip back to Oz. Regards Nadine
Post a Comment
<< Home